LSA SEARCH INTERNATIONAL AND YOUR PRIVACY
LSA Search International (LSA Search) is an Executive Search firm specialising within the global technology sector. We assist our clients in addressing their key business needs in advising on key talent identification, screening, recruitment and retention. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients, users of our website and all third parties with whom we conduct our business. LSA Search takes its obligations under all data protection laws very seriously and works hard to ensure that we are holding personal data in a secure and compliant manner.
Here we summarise our policies regarding how all members of the LSA Search team collects, uses and transfers your personal data, the security measures we employ to protect such data and your rights regarding your personal data. In compliance with all current legislation, it is important that you read this notice, together with any additional privacy notice we may provide when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
LSA Search commits to the compliance of all relevant data protection laws. This states that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes and not used in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about – and limited only to those purposes
- Kept only as long as is necessary
- Kept securely
- Disposed of confidentially
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
“Personal data”, or “personal information”, means any information about an individual from which the person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed. All data held by LSA Search is stored in a secure and confidential database accessible only by authorised personnel.
The personal data we hold includes, but is not limited to, candidate’s name, address, date of birth, gender, contact details including email and telephone numbers, employment history, CV, references, job preferences and requirements, salary and package details, education, skills and qualifications, ethnic origin, criminal record, right to work in certain territories, personal interests and other information about a candidate to help us place that person in a suitable role. This information can be obtained from the candidate themselves when they provide their CV or in our conversations with them.
We will seek your explicit consent if we need to hold any additional information of a more “sensitive” nature. We may also hold references from third parties as well as a record of our contact history with you. If provided to us, we may retain CVs and any other documents we deem relevant in order to conduct our job in a professional manner. Personal data held by LSA Search will be gathered from Google, LinkedIn, Xing (onto which candidates have posted information about themselves), company websites and many other publicly available sources or provided by you and third parties known to you (eg referees). During the course of our assignments, we may also collect, receive and process personal information from former employers and reference checkers.
For our clients, we hold information to include emails, job descriptions, recruiting profiles, organisational structures, correspondence and analysis deemed relevant in order to conduct our job in a professional manner.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
By choosing to provide LSA Search with your personal information, you indicate your willingness to share and have your information stored by LSA Search and to be considered, when appropriate, for one of LSA Search’s executive searches. We use candidate data to provide our recruitment and search services to you and to facilitate our clients’ recruitment processes. This information will only be used for the purpose for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason which is compatible with the original purpose. In the unlikely event we need to do this, we will seek your advance consent.
Personal information may be transferred or duplicated within our team, and also to our clients outside the European Economic Area to enable them to provide you with recruitment services and for the purposes of business development. In the event of any such transfer, we will seek to ensure the appropriate safeguards to protect your data are in place which could include entering into a data transfer agreement to ensure adequate protection of your information. Therefore, if we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
We may also use personal information to respond to your inquiries and answer your questions, to provide you with requested information, and to undertake activities in connection with the conduct and management of our executive search. Additionally, for other services, such as evaluating candidate qualifications, contacting potential candidates for further personal information, contacting named references, and communicating with clients about potential candidates. We also may use personal information for the purposes of testing and maintaining our company databases, networks, and computer systems, and for training and other internal purposes.
Personal information may also be provided to approved third-party processors who will only process data as per our instructions. These third parties may include our secure database and relevant reference checking companies. They are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies.
DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Details of these specific measures are available upon request.
We use our best efforts to ensure that data is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use. We use appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss. Our internal policies and procedures are designed to help ensure we minimise risk and safeguard the privacy and accuracy of all data we collect or process. To the extent that if we do disclose personal data to clients or third parties, we will request that they properly protect the security and confidentiality of such information and otherwise process such data in accordance with applicable law. Our candidate database and all LSA Search data is held encrypted, in accredited datacentres, within the EU. We will maintain adequate safeguards to ensure the security and integrity of the personal data we hold. LSA Search has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so, or if deemed necessary.
We reserve the right to transfer personal data to a third party in the event of a sale of LSA Search, a merger or liquidation. You will be notified in the event of such transfer.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, and not keep for longer than five (5) years after we last attempted to make contact with you. After this time, some information may be kept and anonymised and used in order for us to put together industry, marketing or employment statistics. This would be non-identifying so it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. After this time, we will securely and permanently destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy and applicable laws and regulations.
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- REQUEST CORRECTION of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- REQUEST ERASURE of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- REQUEST ACCESS to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you once we have confirmed your identity.
- REQUEST THE RESTRICTION of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- REQUEST THE TRANSFER of your personal information to another party.
- If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information. This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. To get in touch regarding any of your rights above, please email: email@example.com
DATA PROTECTION AT LSA SEARCH
The Directors, LSA Search International, White Hart House, High Street, Limpsfield, Surrey, RH8 0DT, UK or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint, at any time, to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.