For over 4 years, LSA Search has been supporting the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity – a world-leading cancer centre that pioneers new treatments to save lives. As LSA’s company charity, we continue to support them in a number of ways including regular donations throughout the year and at Christmas time.
Donations help to make a real difference to cancer patients by funding the latest innovations in cancer research, diagnosis, treatment and care. All the wonderful things they do are only possible with donations and fundraising support.
The Royal Marsden is proud of its record of achievement:
1. In 1991 we became the first NHS hospital to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Technology for our work on drug development.
2. We achieved the international quality standard ISO 9001 for radiotherapy in 1996 and for chemotherapy in 2003.
3. We have consistently met the Customer Service Excellence standard (formerly Charter Mark) for our services.
4. In April 2004, we became one of the country’s first NHS Foundation Trusts. This new status has provided the financial freedom and greater flexibility to focus on allowing more patients to access our expertise.
5. In 2006 and again in 2011, The Royal Marsden and The Institute of Cancer Research were designated the UK’s only Biomedical Research Centre dedicated solely to cancer by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR). £62 million is provided over five years to support pioneering research work, to be shared across eight different cancers.
6. The Royal Marsden has a track record of the highest standards of performance in the quality and efficiency of services delivered to patients. The 2014 Annual Inpatients Survey placed The Royal Marsden among the best performing trusts in the country.
7. Today, The Royal Marsden, in association with The Institute of Cancer Research, has an unrivalled worldwide reputation for its patient care, cancer research and education.’
Source: The Royal Marsden Trust
Support for the charity is always enormously appreciated and donations go directly towards enabling The Royal Marsden Hospital to remain as a centre of excellence in cancer treatment and care, and to continue leading the way in pioneering cancer research. Last year, more than £21 million was raised to fund pioneering work!